This Emergency Oxygen Providers (Blended) course is designed to teach the use of oxygen to all lay rescuers, particularly those who are expected to respond to emergencies in their occupation or workplace.
Providing supplemental medical oxygen to those that need it, is an essential element of emergency care.
This course is meant to supplement other medical training such as the Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR / AED), CPR for Healthcare Providers and/or First Aid Training Level 1, 2 / 3 course.
The course is ideal for SCUBA divers, security personnel, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, lifeguards, swimming coaches, health and fitness staff, corporate and retail employees and other lay responders who might be exposed to, or have access to, an Emergency Oxygen.
What is Blended Training/ Learning?
Blended learning is a term increasingly used to describe the way e-learning is being combined with traditional classroom methods and independent study to create a new, hybrid teaching methodology. It represents a much greater change in basic technique than simply adding computers to classrooms; it represents, in many cases, a fundamental change in the way teachers and students approach the learning experience.
Course Content / Modules Covered
The following subjects are covered through 26 modules/ lessons:-
● Definition of Emergency Oxygen.
● Importance of Emergency Oxygen.
● Oxygen Safety.
● Oxygen Delivery Devices.
● Emergency Response.
● Administering Emergency Oxygen.
● Rescue Breathing.
● Emergency Oxygen Maintenance.
BLS Medical - Emergency Oxygen Providers manual (PDF file format) - to be downloaded during Lesson 00 - Introduction.
Online Completion Certificate
To qualify for access to the practical session you must study and complete all lesson module(s) and score the required passing grade of 70% or more in the assessments.
After completion of this online theoretical course, a link to download your online completion certificate will then automatically appear on your Profile page.
This certificate MUST be downloaded, printed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org when registering for your First Aid Practical session (See our training calendar for dates) and brought along to the Practical session.
Subject to a successful theory and practical assessment, all participants will be issued with an Emergency Oxygen Providers certificate.
Course Accreditation & certification
|Course Code (CPD) #||ECP312/04|
|Course Level (CPD) #||2|
|Course Points (CEU’s) #||4|
|Assessments / Course Certificate||Yes|
|Certification recognised by||ECSI or ASHI|
|Course Publisher / Accreditations||BLS Medical cc.|
|Course Category||First Aid Blended|
Course Delivery & Method
|Course delivery||Blended Training consisting of online theory and live practical session|
|Estimated Course Duration||1 – 2 hours|
|Video with Audio||Yes|
|Assessments / Tests||Yes|
Pre-requisites for course
|Pre-requisite course(s) / Education Level||Current AED & CPR or First Aid certificate recommended|
Access to Online training – maximum of 30 days after purchasing the course.
Practical Training – 1 Hour.
How to take this course
- Pay online for this course (remember to apply any coupon for your discount). You will go through the registration process to allow you immediate access to the entire course. You have 30 days to complete the course online.
- This course uses both a study guide which you can download and embedded video in each lesson module.
- Read the study material(s) in conjunction with the video lessons.
- When you have completed a lesson use the “MARK COMPLETE” button to tell us that you have completed the lesson and want to proceed with the next part of the course. The next lesson OR the assessment test for the lesson will then appear on the screen.
- Assessment Quiz: You will require 70% to successfully pass any Multiple Choice Questions quiz. You have two (2) attempts to pass the online test.
- Once you have successfully completed the last test, and the course is marked as complete, the system will automatically generate your Certificate of Achievement.
- Navigate to your profile page and download your Certificate for your records.