This Blended course is designed to provide the participant who has no medical training but wishes to rapidly progress through the first two Levels of First Aid without having to spend days on end in a classroom. This course will allow the participant to basic understanding of and how to handle a wide range of Trauma and Medical Emergencies.
What is Blended Training/ Learning?
Blended learning is a term increasingly used to describe the way e-learning is being combined with traditional classroom methods and independent study to create a new, hybrid teaching methodology. It represents a much greater change in basic technique than simply adding computers to classrooms; it represents, in many cases, a fundamental change in the way teachers and students approach the learning experience.
This course is ideal for first aiders that wish to have greater confidence when treating patients. This course has also now also become the required minimum standard in many industries for individuals working as team leaders or supervisors.
Course Content / Modules Covered
The following subjects are covered through 26 modules/ lessons:-
● The Emergency Situation
● Anatomy And Physiology.
● Basic Life Support – CPR & AED.
● Bleeding And Wounds
● Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints.
●.Head And Spinal Injuries
● Various Injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic And Abdominal And Crush Injuries.
● Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac Problems
● Burn Wounds.
● Poisoning, Bites And Stings.
● Transport Methods.
BLS Medical - First Aid Level 2 (PDF file format) - to be downloaded during Lesson 00 - Introduction.
Online Completion Certificate
To qualify for access to the practical session you must study and complete all lesson module(s) and score the required passing grade of 70% or more in the assessments.
After completion of this online theoretical course, a link to download your online completion certificate will then automatically appear on your Profile page.
This certificate MUST be downloaded, printed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org when registering for your First Aid Practical session (See our training calendar for dates) and brought along to the Practical session.
Subject to a successful theory and practical assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level 2 (Two) certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI 080).
Course Accreditation & certification
|Course Code (CPD) #||ECP312/12|
|Course Level (CPD) #||2|
|Course Points (CEU’s) #||30|
|Assessments / Course Certificate||Yes|
|Certification recognised by||Department of Labour – CI 080|
|Course Publisher / Accreditations||BLS Medical cc.|
|Course Category||First Aid Blended|
Course Delivery & Method
|Course delivery||Blended Training consisting of online theory and live practical session|
|Estimated Course Duration||32 hours|
|Video with Audio||Yes|
|Assessments / Tests||Yes|
Pre-requisites for course
|Age appropriateness||16+ Years|
|Pre-requisite course(s) / Education Level||None|
Access to Online training – maximum of 30 days after purchasing the course.
Practical Training – 1 day.
How to take this course
- Pay online for this course (remember to apply any coupon for your discount). You will go through the registration process to allow you immediate access to the entire course. You have 30 days to complete the course online.
- This course uses both a study guide which you can download and embedded video in each lesson module.
- Read the study material(s) in conjunction with the video lessons.
- When you have completed a lesson use the “MARK COMPLETE” button to tell us that you have completed the lesson and want to proceed with the next part of the course. The next lesson OR the assessment test for the lesson will then appear on the screen.
- Assessment Quiz: You will require 70% to successfully pass any Multiple Choice Questions quiz. You have three (3) attempts to pass the online test.
- Once you have successfully completed the last test, and the course is marked as complete, the system will automatically generate your Certificate of Achievement.
- Navigate to your profile page and download your Certificate for your records.