This course is designed to provide the participant who has no medical training but wishes to rapidly progress through the various First Aid training levels in order to understand and handle Trauma and basic Medical Emergencies. This is the highest level before progressing into a Professional Qualification.
This course is ideal for team leaders of Emergency Response Teams (ERTs) or Medical Teams, First Responders (Firemen/ Police), Security Professionals (Armed Response/ CPOs), Life Guards, Teachers and Education professionals and/ or someone wanting to enter into the medical profession be it medical, paramedical, nursing, physiotherapy, etc.
Course Content / Modules Covered
The following subjects are covered in the training:-
● Principles of first aid and safety; Medico-Legal aspects
● Emergency scene management.
● Examination of the patient.
● Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & AED
● Wounds and bleeding.
● Shock, unconsciousness and fainting.
● Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints.
● Head and spinal injuries.
● Various injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic and abdominal and crush injuries.
● Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac problems.
● Poisoning, bites and stings.
● Environmental illnesses and injuries
● Behavioural emergencies.
● Emergency childbirth.
● Applied anatomy and physiology.
● Transport methods.
Grade 9 educational level or equivalent – please submit proof with registration form.
- Initial training – 5 days.
- Refresher training – 3 days.
- Level 1 – 3: R 1,350.00 per delegate
- Refresher Training: R 875.00 per delegate (proof of current certification needed)
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level (3) Three certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI080).
- This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 3-Day re-qualification course.