It is a requirement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 that employers should provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees.
This comprehensive SAQA aligned course (Unit Standards ID – 252250) covers an introduction to Fire Fighting and Awareness, enabling all participants to:
● Have a greater awareness and understanding of the threat posed by fire, their personal responsibility in preventing an outbreak where they work and, on the action to be taken should one occur?
● Enable the student to tackle a fire in its incipient stages, in the correct and safe manner, using the correct extinguishing medium.
● Assist with the safe evacuation of all building occupants and correct reporting procedures should a fire or other emergency take place.
BLS Medical in conjunction with our partners offers this course that will give the participants a qualification to the entry level of Fire Fighting to meeting the statutory requirements of the OSHACT, 1993
A wide range of subjects is covered including:-
● Introduction – What to do.
● Other fire equipment (Fire Buckets & Blankets)
● Combustion – The Nature of Fire
● Fixed Fire Hose reels
● Causes of Fire – How fires start & prevention.
● Plan, prepare and carry out a fire drill.
● Portable Fire Extinguishers
● Practical Sessions
3 – 4 hours.
Fire Awareness Training: R 450.00 per participant
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a Fire Awareness certificate.