First Aid Level One is the first course that should be completed should you want to learn the basics of helping someone that is injured or fallen ill. This course focuses mainly on Trauma situations.
This course is also the minimum required training needed by employers to comply with Regulation 3(4) of General Safety Regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 “employers should provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees.”
This comprehensive two-day course covers a wide range of trauma emergencies, enabling all participants to:
- Prevent accidents through the development of safety-oriented life style;
- Recognise when first aid is needed; and
- Provide basic First Aid treatment at the scene of an accident or sudden illness with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way until the Emergency Medical Services arrive, if needed.
Course Content / Modules Covered
A wide range of subjects is covered including: –
|Principles of first aid and safety||Shock|
|Emergency scene management||Burns|
|Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & AED||Head, Neck and Spinal Injuries|
|Choking||Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries|
|Examination of the Patient||Moving of Patients|
|Wounds and Bleeding||Post Scene Clean Up|
FREE training included
Infant/ Child CPR and AED – Worth R 200.00
- Initial training – 2 days
- Refresher training – 1 day
- Initial Training: R 710.00 per delegate
- Refresher Training: R 560.00 per delegate (proof of current in-date certification needed)
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level (1) One certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI 080).
- This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 1-Day re-qualification course (30-day grace period after expiry is allowed).